Monarch butterfly populations are plummeting. This kit will help you/your family start a garden with the right plants and a water source for monarchs to thrive. Choose the regional option for the native milkweed for your state. Milkweed is the only plant monarchs can lay their eggs and their caterpillars can feed on.
- Eastern Breeze Butterfly Seed Collection – The collection provides seed for a 100 sq. ft garden. It includes two native milkweed varieties (Asclepias tuberosa and Asclepias incarnata) that serve as host plants for monarch caterpillars, and 2 other seed varieties of nectar providing flowers. This collection is intended for the following states: AL, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, VT, VA, WV, WI
- Terra Cotta Saucer – 10” shallow saucer to create a puddling dish for butterflies.
- How to Provide Water in Butterfly Gardens – Tip sheet provides ways to create and maintain butterfly watering areas. By creating a butterfly-friendly water source in your garden you’ll attract more butterflies, bees and other pollinators.
- Create a Sustainable Garden that Helps Wildlife – Tip card provides way to create a natural garden with native plants by providing essential elements of wildlife habitat.
- Caterpillars of Eastern North America – folded field guide by Amy Bartlett Wright
- 54 species- both common and exotic- with illustrations of the butterflies and moths they become with their life cycle basics explained.
- Anatomy of a caterpillar
- Indestructible lamination – waterproof. Designed and manufactured in the USA.
- Warning: Choking Hazard - May contain small parts, not for children under 3.