Attracting Birds, Butterflies, and other Backyard Wildlife, Expanded Second Edition will show you how to fill your yard or garden with the sights and sounds of nature. In this bestselling book, Naturalist David Mizejewski uncovers the basic elements of habitat you can provide that the local birds, butterflies, bees, and a whole host of other wonderful wildlife neighbors need for survival.
- Lists of the best native plants to support wildlife
- More than 200 photos of wildlife habitat gardens and the creatures they attract
- 17 illustrated projects and fun crafts that the whole family can enjoy
- Step-by-step instructions on how to have your yard or garden recognized as a Certified Wildlife Habitat® by the National Wildlife Federation's Garden for Wildlife™ program.
- About the Author David Mizejewski is a naturalist with the National Wildlife Federation. He holds a degree in Human and Natural Ecology from Emory University and has hosted television series on both Animal Planet and NatGeo WILD. He regularly appears on NBC's Today Show and does dozens of other media appearances each year to promote wildlife conservation through natural gardening. He specializes in urban ecology, the role that native plants have on wildlife populations, and helping people restore wildlife habitat in their cities, towns, neighborhoods, backyards, and gardens.