Monarch butterfly populations are plummeting. This kit will help you/your family start a garden with the right plants and a water source for monarchs to thrive. Choose the regional option for the native milkweed for your state. Milkweed is the only plant monarchs can lay their eggs and their caterpillars can feed on.Kit contains:
- Midwest Flutter Butterfly Seed Collection - The collection provides seed for a 100 square foot garden. It includes two native milkweed varieties (Asclepias tuberosa and Asclepias syriaca) that provide food and habitat for the monarch caterpillar, and 2 other seed varieties of nectar providing flowers. This collection is intended for the following states: AR, CO, IL, IA, KS, KY, LA, MN, MS, MO, NE, NM, ND, OK, SD, TX.
- Terra Cotta Saucer – 10” shallow saucer to create a puddling dish for butterflies.
- How to Provide Water in Butterfly Gardens – Tip sheet provides ways to create and maintain butterfly watering areas. By creating a butterfly-friendly water source in your garden you’ll attract more butterflies, bees and other pollinators.
- Create a Sustainable Garden that Helps Wildlife – Tip card provides way to create a natural garden with native plants by providing essential elements of wildlife habitat.
- Common Butterflies of the Midwest – folded field guide with images by Rick Cech.
- 62 butterfly species, both common and exotic, found in the following Midwest states: OH, IN, IL, MO, IA, MN, WI, MI, including swallowtails, fritillaries, buckeyes, sulphurs, skippers, bogs, and blues
- Indestructible lamination – waterproof. Designed and manufactured in the USA.
- Warning: Choking Hazard - May contain small parts, not for children under 3 years.