Acceptance of Terms Through Use
Before using www.nwf.org, www.shopnwf.org, and www.cardshopnwf.org (collectively, the "Site"), please read the following terms carefully. BY USING THIS SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS. NWF may revise these terms from time to time. If you continue to use our Site after we post changes to these terms, it will mean that you accept such changes.
Use of Materials on This Site
This Site is owned by the National Wildlife Federation ("NWF"). NWF maintains this Site for your personal, educational, non-commercial purposes. Certain pages feature online ordering capabilities. You must be 18 years of age or older to place an order with this service. All materials on this Site, including, but not limited to, artwork, photographs, maps, data, text, trademarks, service marks, and logos ("Content") are the exclusive property of NWF or our contributors and are copyrighted. No portion of the Content may be copied, downloaded, reproduced, reused, distributed, transmitted, or modified for any purpose without NWF's express written permission. Any unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, and other applicable laws.
To request NWF's authorization to use any Content displayed on the Site, please send a message to: email@example.com using the subject "reprint permission." NWF's failure to reply to any request to use any Content Site is NOT an implied or explicit permission to use such materials.
NWF respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied on the Site or any NWF-maintained bulletin board, chat room, or list serv in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify us by following our Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement.
The trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos ("Marks") displayed on this Site are registered and unregistered trademarks of NWF, its related entities National Wildlife Productions or eNature.com, or third party contributors. You may not, under any circumstance, use any Mark for any purpose without the prior written permission of the owner of the Mark in question.
NWF provides hyperlinks from the Site to third party sites as a convenience to users. NWF does not endorse such third parties or the contents of any such sites. NWF has no control over, makes no representation or warranty and disclaims all liability with respect to such sites.
Links to www.nwf.org
If you would like to establish a hyperlink to us from your site, please send us a request with our link/logo/banner request form.
Bulletin Boards/Chat Rooms/List Servs
This Site may include bulletin boards, chat rooms, and list servs (hereinafter "bulletin boards") which allow feedback to NWF and real time interaction between users. NWF does not control the content or files delivered to the bulletin boards. In using these interactive services, you agree that you will not post, transmit, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content that:
- Is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or tortious, contains content of a sexual nature, or uses vulgar language;
- Victimizes, harasses, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- Infringes on the intellectual property or other proprietary right of any party;
- Constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email, spam mail, chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation;
- Contains software viruses, worms, or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt or damage any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to obtain unauthorized access to any third party data or other information.
No Purchases by Minors
By ordering a product online from NWF, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older. If a child under the age of 18 has ordered a product from NWF without parental permission, the parent or guardian may return the product in accordance with the refund policy.
You shall be responsible for the payment of all sales, use, and other similar taxes relating to any online purchase of any product from NWF.
Postage and Handling
You shall also be responsible for the payment of all postage and handling charges relating to the purchase of product online.
NWF, its affiliated entities, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents (the "NWF Parties") assume no responsibility for, and offer no warranties or representations regarding, the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any Content. Your use of this Site and Content is at your own risk. Under no circumstances shall the NWF Parties be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, incidental, special, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages, lost profits, lost data, or business interruption arising out of or your access to, inability to access, or use of, the Site even if NWF has been advised of the possibility of such damages. NWF does not warrant that this Site will be uninterrupted or error free or that this Site, the Content, or the Site's server are free of virus. If your use of this Site or the Content results in the need for servicing or replacing property, material, equipment, or data, the NWF Parties are not responsible for those costs.
Without limiting the foregoing, this Site, the software, products, services, and the Content are provided to you "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NOT INFRINGEMENT. In jurisdictions that prohibit or limit warranty or liability disclaimers, the liability of the NWF Parties shall be limited to the fullest extent allowed by law.
NWF may revise these terms from time to time with the revised term taking effect as of the date of its posting. If any term is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable portion shall be construed in accordance with applicable law to the greatest extent possible and the remainder of the provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
These terms shall be construed according to the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, United States of America, without regard to conflict of law principles. Commonwealth of Virginia courts have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any claims or disputes relating to this Site or the Content, and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts. Any claim or cause of action you may have with respect to this Site must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises or such claim or cause of action is barred.
NWF reserves the right to terminate your access to all or part of this Site, with or without notice. Failure of NWF to enforce any of these terms shall not constitute a waiver of such terms or any other terms. No waiver or consent shall be effective against NWF unless in writing and no such waiver or consent shall be construed as a waiver or consent in any other or subsequent instance.
Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
NOTE: This information is only to be used for reporting copyright infringement. All other inquiries, such as requests for technical assistance or reprint permission should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that you hold a claim of copyright infringement against NWF, please send notice of your claim to the following designated agent:
Service Provider: National Wildlife Federation
Address to Which Notification Should Be Sent: 11100 Wildlife Center Drive, Reston, VA 20190-5362 attention: Office of General Counsel/DMCA Complaint
To be effective, notification of your claim of copyright infringement must be in writing and must include the following information:
- Description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- Location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work may be found. For example, web site URL or name of the book in which the work is published.
- Identification of the material that you claim is infringing.
- Location (for example, the URL) where the material that you claim is infringing may be found. You must include enough information that is reasonably sufficient to permit NWF to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit NWF to contact you, including your name, address, telephone number, fax number, and, if available, email address.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your Notice is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner of the allegedly infringed work or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- Your signature. The signature may be either physical or electronic.