Eco Boys and Girls® Book Set
Children of all ages will enjoy this 6 volume book series focusing on environmental education. The mission of the series is to engage youth and families to be aware of, involved with and connected to each other and the earth and to empower them to take ownership of our planet, learn about the environment and explore creative new ways to live in harmony. Ages Pre-School to 3rd Grade.
The set contains these 6 titles:
- Meet The Eco Boys and Girls. "Everyone had a fun day taking care of each other and the planet," says the 5 characters in the introductory book of the series. Ernie Earth preserves the natural world and its ecosystem; Lulu Love demonstrates the importance of loving herself, others and all things; Patsy Peace solves conflicts so that humans, animals and all things can exist in peaceful ways; Ray Recycle shows people ways to reuse, reduce and recycle, and Sammy Sun spreads the word about protecting natural resources.
- Eco Boys And Girls Visit The Ocean. "Oceans are beautiful and full of life," says Ernie Earth as he leads the group to the ocean and educates on the ocean’s significance while educating how we can "Take Action" to rid it of the negative wastes.
- Eco Boys And Girls Learn About Energy. "Energy makes things go," says Sammy Sun as he leads the group on a discovery about renewable and non-renewable energy while educating how we can "Take Action" to reduce our everyday use.
- Eco Boys And Girls Visit The Everglades. "Everglades National Park is an extraordinary place located in Florida," says Ray Recycle as he leads the group on a visit to the Everglades while educating how we can "Take Action" to protect the park’s endangered habitats.
- Eco Boys And Girls Go To An Organic Farm. "Happy animals are healthy animals," says Lulu Love as she leads the group to an organic farm while educating how food gets from farm to table and how we can "Take Action" to help with the production of healthier food.
- Eco Boys And Girls Plant An Urban Garden. "Urban gardens teach people to work together," says Patsy Peace as she leads a group on an expedition to plant an urban garden while educating how we can "Take Action" to work together to make our neighborhoods beautiful.
The books are layered with "Take Action"
spreads that reinforce key concepts and curriculum and are printed on 100% post consumer waste paper with 100% soy inks.
Maria Snyder is the creator of ECO BOYS AND GIRLS, which is her vision infusing art and design with societal and environmental issues for children. Maria has had international careers as a model, artist and activist and creates brands that lend her art and designs to causes focused on sustainability and interconnectedness.
Item Number NWF2342